This simple and straight forward banana bread recipe couldn’t be easier.
Make use of overripe bananas by turning them into this delicious moist banana loaf.
This easy banana bread recipe will take around an hour and will cut into 8 to 10 slices.
- Self-raising Flour 200 g
- Sugar 110 g
- Butter 60 g
- Egg 1
- Ripe Bananas 2
- Milk A splash
- Baking powder 1 tsp
How to make an easy banana bread loaf
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan) / 200 degrees.
- Mix together the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mash up the bananas and beat the egg before stirring them into the sugar & butter mixture.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and gently mix together.
- Gently mix in a splash of milk
- You can also fold in things like raisins, glacé cherries, chocolate chips etc.
- Pour into a greased or lined baking tin and bake until risen and golden brown – 30 minutes to an hour. Use a skewer to check the inside is done.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 five days or freeze (see below).
How to freeze banana bread
To freeze, transfer to a freeze bag (either whole or cut into slices) and wrap in foil. It’ll keep well for up to three months.
To defrost, simply place in the fridge (still wrapped) until fully thawed – around 8 hours.