These moist and rich – yet totally foolproof – carrot cake cupcakes make for a simple recipe.
The ingredients below to make these easy carrot cupcakes, with optional cream cheese frosting, will yield 8 to 10 cupcakes.
- 120g brown sugar
- 120g sunflower oil
- 120g self-raising flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Carrots
- 70g dried fruit
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 200g soft cream cheese (optional) For the frosting
- 50g butter, at room temperature (optional) For the frosting
- 85g icing sugar (optional) For the frosting
How to make simple carrot cake cupcakes:
- Heat up the oven to 180 degrees/160 degrees for fan ovens.
- Prep by grating the carrots.
- Grab a large bowl and mix together the oil, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in the grated carrots and fruit.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and mixed spice.
- Gently fold everything together.
- Once you have a nice dark golden runny mixture, split into cupcake cases in a cupcake tray, filling to a little over 2/3 full.
- Cook for around 25 or so minutes until firm and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow them to rest for 5 minutes in the tin before removing the cases from the tray and allowing to cool down completely.
- To add on frosting, mix the butter and sugar until creamy, then add in the cheese and mix well.
- You can also use ready-made frosting, plain icing or just eat the cakes on their own.