These Banana and Chocolate Muffins make for a simple bake that couldn’t be any easier.
This recipe makes for a great way to use up overripe bananas that would otherwise go to waste.
The numbers below will make for either six bigger muffins or 12 smaller ones.
- 100g self-raising flour
- 75g sugar
- 60ml oil Sunflower/vegetable/canola/coconut oil will all work
- 1 large banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 100g chocolate chips (optional)
How to make Banana and Chocolate Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 180 c/ gas 4.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash up the banana. Add the sugar and stir until combined.
- Crack and beat in the egg and mix in oil.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, cocoa and baking powder together together with a pinch of salt.
- Add flour mix to the wet mix in stages (a third at a time) mix well. If using, fold in the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Split the mixture into either cupcake/muffin cases or directly into a greased cupcake/muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until muffins have risen and a skewer comes out clean.