Make your own easy shortbread style chocolate chip biscuits with this simple recipe.
The below will make for 15-20 biscuits depending on size, and take around 30 minutes to make.
- Softened butter 250 g
- Caster sugar 140 g
- Egg yolk 1
- Vanilla extract 2 tsps
- Plain flour 300 g
- Bag of chocolate chips
How to make Easy chocolate chip biscuits:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl, then add egg yolk and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Sift over 300g plain flour and stir until well combined.
- Throw in chocolate chips and give one last stir so evenly distributed.
- Press dough together with your hands. If it’s a little sticky, add some more flour.
- Roll out the dough until around 1/2cm thick and cut into shapes. If you’ve no biscuit cutters, use the rim of a glass or mug.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and lightly browned at the edges.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before storing in an air-tight container.