A perfect Pancake day recipe! Try making these awesome and classic American pancakes this year.
They’re dead simple and you can add on whatever toppings you wish.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 Tbsp white sugar
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 small egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
How To Make Fluffy American Pancakes:
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and sugar).
- Make a well in the centre. Pour in the milk, then add the egg and melted butter. Mix until smooth batter is formed.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease with butter or vegetable oil. To test to see if the pan is hot enough, flick a bit of water on the pan. If it sizzles, it is ready.
- Pour the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook each pancake till bubbles appear on the surface and the edges have gone slightly dry. Flip each pancake and cook for a minute or two on the reverse side, till golden brown.
- Serve with melted butter or jam.