Christmas may be rather far away right now but that doesn’t mean we can enjoy some delicious home cooked mince pies.
This ultra short recipe will guide through saving some pennies by making your own mince pies at home this festive period!
- Shortcrust pastry
- Egg 1
- Icing sugar
How to make homemade mince pies:
- Get a muffin tin or bun tray and grease the bases and side.
- Roll out the pastry until its about half a centimetre thick.
- Cut into circles about twice the size as your holes in the tray, making sure to keep the excess for later.
- Place the circles of pastry into the tray and fill each one with mincemeat.
- With the excess pastry, re roll and cut into ‘lids’ for the pies, placing them on top.
- Break and whisk the egg before brushing it over the tops of the mince pies.
- Sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 205 degrees.
- To complete, sprinkle with icing sugar.
Or make one GIANT mince pie!
Rather than many small mince pies, you could make one giant mince pie and cut it up into slices to serve.