Super simple bite size puff pastry snacks, which can be sweet or savoury.
A great way to use up any left over pastry from other meals.
If you don’t have Jam, other fillings can include Nutella (or other chocolate spread), mozzarella, ham and cheese, Marmite or chutney.
- Puff pastry scraps
- Jam or other fillings such as nutella, mozzarella or chutney
- Egg 1
How to make pastry puff bites:
- Pre-heat the oven to 220/200C (fan) or gas mark 4
- Roll out the scraps of pastry then cut them into equal squares (about 2cm). With half of the squares cut out a smaller square in the middle.
- Beat the egg in a mug then use it to glaze the squares which don’t have holes in them.
- Place one square with a hole in onto a whole square then glaze the whole thing with the egg.
- Place a teaspoon of your chosen filling into the hole in the middle of each pastry.
- Place them all on a lined baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Allow them to cool and you have some bite size snacks – they could even be served at parties!