Here’s a quick and simple recipe for chocolate chip muffins that is fool proof!
This easy recipe requires just a handful of ingredients and will take around 30 minutes in total, making 8-10 muffins.
- 200g Self-Raising Flour
- 100g Sugar
- 100ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 100g chocolate chips Or raisins or other dried fruit
How to make easy and tasty muffins
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (180 fan).
- In two separate bowls, beat together the wet ingredients (egg, milk and oil) and sift together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar and baking powder).
- Pour in the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until a batter forms.
- Fold in any extras – chocolate chips, raisins, other dried fruit, etc.
- Line a muffin/cupcake tin with muffin/cupcake cases.
- Spoon the mixture to fill each 2/3 full. You should get 8 to 10 muffins depending on size.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- If not eating immediately, store in air-tight container – they’ll keep for 2-4 days.