Here’s a quick and simple recipe for double chocolate chip muffins that is hard to get wrong.
This easy recipe requires just a handful of basic ingredients and will take around 30 minutes in total, making 8-10 muffins.
- 180g self-raising flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 100g sugar
- 100ml milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 100g chocolate chips
How to make easy chocolate muffins
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees (180 fan).
- In two separate bowls, beat together the wet ingredients (egg, milk and oil) and sift together the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder).
- Pour in the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until a batter forms.
- Fold in any extras – chocolate chips, raisins, other dried fruit, etc.
- Line a muffin/cupcake tin with muffin/cupcake cases.
- Spoon the mixture to fill each to a little over 2/3 full. You should get 8 to 10 muffins depending on size.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden and firm to the touch and a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- If not eating immediately, store in air-tight container – they’ll keep for 2-4 days.