This super simple chocolate cup cake recipe needs just six ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes.
This easy chocolate cupcakes recipe will make for 12 cakes!
- Self-raising flour 175 g
- Butter 175 g
- Brown sugar Or caster sugar 175 g
- Cocoa powder 20 g
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Eggs 2
How to make easy chocolate cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 180c/gas mark 7.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the mix one at a time.
- Sift in the flour and the cocoa powder to the mixture and fold in gently.
- Tip: If the mixture seems a little too thick add a small amount of milk.
- Spoon a tablespoon of mix into each cupcake case, ensuring all are even.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before taking out of tin.