Bake something yummy this week with this super moist and rich – yet totally foolproof – carrot cake recipe.
This easy carrot cake recipe for students will cut into about 10-15 servings.
- Brown sugar 175 g
- Carrots 3
- Eggs 3
- Dried fruit E.g. raisins 100 g
- Self-raising flour Or plain flour + 1tsp of baking powder 175 g
- Bicarbonate of soda 1 tsp
- Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Mixed Spice 1 tsp
- Cream cheese Optional, for frosting. Can also use ready made 250 g
- Sugar Optional, for frosting. Can also use ready made 30 g
- Butter Optional, for frosting. Can also use ready made 100 g
How to make simple carrot cake:
- Heat up the oven to 180 degrees/160 degrees.
- Prep by grating the carrots.
- Grab a large bowl and mix together the oil, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in the grated carrots and fruit.
- Add in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and mixed spice.
- Once you have a nice dark golden runny mixture, pour into a greased cake in or baking dish.
- Cook for 40 or so minutes until firm.
- Allow it to rest for 5 minutes in the tin before removing and allowing to cool down completely.
- To add on frosting, mix the butter and sugar until creamy, then add in the cheese and mix well. You can also use ready-made frosting, plain icing or just eat the cakes on their own.
More on: Cakes