Stir fries make for quick and easy dinners, like this chicken and vegetable sweet and sour recipe.
Combine fresh chicken breast, lots of veggies and classic sweet and sour sauce for a delicious meal.
You can buy sweet and sour sauce ready made from the shops or use the recipe below to make your own from scratch.
As for the veggies, this recipe is great to use up what may be already in the fridge to avoid waste.
- Sliced up chicken breast
- Sweet and sour sauce See below
How to make Chicken and Vegetable Sweet and Sour Stir fry
- If making your own sweet and sour sauce, in a bowl mix together 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp cornstarch and 150ml water
- Start by prepping the veg by cutting up into small bits. We had broccoli, green cabbage, carrot, red pepper and onion. You could use others like cauliflower, mushrooms, sweetcorn, etc.
- In a wok or frying pan add the oil over a high heat.
- Once oil is smoking, add in the meat and stir fry for 3-5 minutes until white all over.
- Add in the veg and stir fry for a further 3-5 minutes until softened.
- Add in the sauce and cook for a further 1-2 minutes, ensuring the chicken has been fully cooked through.