This Lemon Roast Chicken & Vegetable recipe is a super easy, one dish dinner.
Enjoy a mix of tender roasted chicken thighs and Mediterranean vegetables, all seasoned with basil and lemon.
This is a healthy one pan recipe that takes little time, little prep and best of all requires little clean up.
It’s also a great meal to avoid waste by making use of any veg you may have left around in the fridge.
The ingredients below will make for two good servings, and you can easily up the quantities to feed many more. In total, it’ll take 40-45 minutes from start to finish.
One serving is approximately 500 calories. If you’re really watching your numbers, you could use skinless thighs.
- 4 Chicken thighs with skin on
- 1 Red onion
- 2 Peppers
- 1 Courgette
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 small lemon
- Olive oil
- Basil, Salt and Pepper To season
How to make Lemon Roast Chicken & Vegetable One Dish Dinner:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees / 180 degree fan / Gas mark 6.
- Start by placing the chicken thighs in a large baking dish. Rub lightly with a little of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the red onion and roughly cut up. Slice the courgette and de-seed and cut up the peppers. Keep the cherry tomatoes aside for now.
- After the chicken’s been in for its 10 minutes, add the vegetables (minus tomatoes) to the tray together with a little more oil and give everything a good mix. Season with basil, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray for the penultimate time and add the tomatoes. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze over the juice.
- Cook for a final 10-15 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!