This quick and easy sweet and sour chicken recipe will have you tucking in within 10 minutes!
- Chicken Cut into strips/diced (or pre-cut stir fry chicken)
- Pineapple chunks With juice! From a tin is fine
- Carrots 1
- Green Pepper 1
- Red Pepper 1
- Cornflour 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce 3 tbsps
- Brown sugar 1 tbsp
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Start by slicing up the carrots and cutting the peppers into chunks. Cut up the pineapple and chicken into chunks too if they’re not already
- Make the sauce: In a bowl, mix together the cornflour, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar. Or you could buy a jar of ready made sauce
- Heat some oil in a large wok or frying pan over a high heat and cook the chicken for 1-2 minutes
- Add in the veg and cook for a further 2-3 minutes
- Finally, add in the sauce, pineapple and pineapple juice and stir it altogether. Cook at a simmer for a further 5-10 or so minutes until chicken is completely done and sauce is sticky.
- Enjoy on its own or with rice!