A homely and filling meal: A yummy chicken bake with a cheesy mashed potato topping.
This should be enough for two to three people, so you could eat one half for dinner, and other for your lunch the next day.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 medium size potatoes
- 1 cup frozen mixed veg
- 1 onion sliced
- 30g cheese
- 2 garlic cloves crushed please
- Half a cup of milk
- 20g of butter
How to make chicken bake student meal:
- First wash and peel and the potatoes and leave in a pot of water to boil till soft.
- Mean while cut up the chicken breast into chunks (whatever size you want really!) then fry the chicken until browned and add the crushed garlic and sliced onion into the mix.
- Check if the potatoes are soft, if yes drain the remaining water then mash the potato, add the milk and butter then stir up all together.
- When the chicken is ready add some water then put the frozen veg in to slightly cook, add some chicken gravy if you have any to make the sauce thicker!
- Now you can finally grab that oven dish! First place the chicken and veg mix, then the mash potato and top with some grated cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven for 20mins.
- DISH OUT AND ENJOY!