This simple and straight forward banana bread recipe couldn’t be easier.
Make use of overripe bananas by turning them into this delicious moist cake.
This easy banana bread recipe will take around an hour and the resulting loaf can be frozen (wrap it up in foil) to keep it until later.
- Flour 200 g
- Sugar 110 g
- Butter 60 g
- Egg 1
- Ripe Bananas 2
- Milk A splash
- Baking powder 1 tsp
How to make an easy banana bread loaf cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan) / 200 degrees.
- Cream together the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Mash up the bananas and beat the egg before stirring them into the mixture.
- Add in the flour with a splash of milk and mix well.
- You can also add things like raisins, cherries etc.
- Pour into a greased baking tin and bake until risen and golden brown – 30 minutes to an hour. Use a skewer to check the inside is done.