A yummy and simple cake recipe for students: And a tasty way to use up going-off bananas!
- Flour 200 g
- Castor sugar 110 g
- Butter 60 g
- Egg 1
- Bananas 2
- Milk A splash
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Bicarbonate soda Approx half a teaspoon
How to make banana loaf cake
- Mix the butter, sugar, flour, bicarbonate soda and baking powder.
- Add in the egg with a splash of milk and mix well.
- Mash up the bananas and add them to the mixture.
- You can also add things like raisins, cherries etc.
- Pour into a baking tin and bake on about 180-200 degrees until risen and golden brown. Use a skewer to check inside is done.