A little something to try this Easter, although you may want to book an extra session in the gym shortly after as these aren’t the sort of treats you can have regularly!
This Cadbury Creme Egg brownies recipe is pretty easy and fool proof with the below ingredients making for around 12 brownies (depending on how deep/thick you make them).
- Cadbury's Creme Eggs 6
- Butter 185 g
- Cooking chocolate 185 g
- Plain white flour 85 g
- Cocoa powder 40 g
- Eggs Large 3
- Caster sugar Golden caster sugar, if available 275 g
How to make chocolate Creme Egg brownies:
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bowl using a microwave.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, break the eggs and add in the caster sugar. Whisk together until thick and creamy with the consistency of a milk shake.
- Fold in the chocolate and butter mixture to the egg and sugar mix.
- Add the cocoa and flour and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the completed mixture into a greased baking tin and bake for around 15-20 minutes at 160C
- While the mixture cooks, cut the creme eggs into halves.
- Remove the almost-baked mixture and softly squeeze the creme egg halves into it.
- Place back in the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, checking regularly just until the Creme eggs begin to melt.
- Leave to cool and cut up into squares