Chocolate Creme Egg Cupcakes make for the most ridiculous of Easter treats.
You can of course use whatever chocolate eggs you wish in this recipe, Creme based or not.
We cheated in this recipe with a cupcake mix and ready made frosting for easy and quick eats, but we’ve also got instructions if you prefer to do it the long way.
- Chocolate sponge mix OR 110g butter, 110g sugar, 75g flour, 25g Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- Chocolate Frosting OR 75g butter, 175g icing sugar, 45g cocoa powder
- Creme Eggs
How to make Creme Egg cupcakes:
- Start by placing the creme eggs (or other chocolate eggs) aside in the freezer.
- For the cupcakes: Combine the cupcake mix with 2 eggs and 120ml water (or other ingredients as stated on the instructions).
- Alternatively, cream 110g butter and 110g sugar, mix in two eggs and then sift in the flour (75g) and cocca powder (25g).
- Divide the mixture between cupcake cases and bake at 180 degrees for 10 minutes until barely firm.
- Take out and push in a creme egg into the middle of each.
- Return to the oven for a further 3-5 minutes until cakes are fully cooked and spring back when poked.
- Remove and leave to cool fully until the creme eggs are hard again. You may want to put them in the fridge.
- You could eat them now if you want, or…
- For the Frosting: Cheat and use ready made OR combine 75g butter and 175g icing sugar before mixing in 45g cocoa powder.
- Frost the cupcakes and finish with halved mini creme eggs.