These Nutella and marshmallow tarts are super delicious and so easy to make up.
You can buy some pre-made tart cases or make your own pretty easily with short crust pastry.
You could even make your own shortcrust pastry if you’ve got the time (and can be bothered).
- Short crust pastry OR pre-made tart cases
- Double thick cream
How to make Nutella tarts
- If you’re using pre-made tart cases, skip straight to step six.
- Grab a muffin/cupcake tin and grease up the compartments with some butter. Use a cookie cutter to circles of pastry slightly bigger than the size of the compartments. If you’ve not got a proper cookie cutter you can just use something like the top of a glass, bowl or just a knife with your hand.
- Place the pastry circles in the muffin tin compartments (or you could use cupcake cases) and prick the inside of the bottom with a fork.
- Cook at 160 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove and allow to cool
- In a mixing bowl add around a tablespoon of nutella and one marshmallow per tart you’re making.
- Blast the mixture in a microwave for 30 seconds to a minute and mix well until the marshmallows are fully combined into the Nutella.
- Add in around a teaspoon of thick cream per tart and mix in.
- Add in a good tablespoon of the mixture to the tart cases and level off.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to set: They won’t become hard but will firm up.