These plain sponge cupcakes are as basic baking as you can get: This recipe will make 12 ready for you to do with as you wish.
And you need just four ingredients costing a few pence each to make these easy and simple fairy cake bases.
You could add a teaspoon of vanilla extract if you have it or keep them completely plain.
- Self raising flour 115 g
- Caster sugar 115 g
- Butter 115 g
- Eggs 2
How to make plain sponge cupcakes:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a big bowl
- Mix together with a wooden spoon until there are no lumps and a smooth batter has formed.
- Some suggest adding a splash of milk if you’ve got some to hand for best results
- Spoon around 1-2 tablespoons for the mixture into cupcake cases.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes until firm and golden
- Allow too cool
- Decorate as you wish!