An ultra quick, ultra easy and no bake recipe to make a tasty chocolate sponge cake.
- Sunflower oil 50 ml
- Caster sugar 100 g
- Plain flower 70 g
- Cocoa Powder 2 tbsps
- Backing powder 1 tsp
- Egg 1
- Chocolate Broken into bits 200 g
- Milk 4 tbsps
- Hot water 4 tbsps
- Grab a microwaveable bowl to start and put in around 50 grams of the chocolate.
- Heat in the microwave on high in 30 second bursts until melted.
- Add in the oil, milk, egg, hot water and whisk until all mixed together.
- Add in the remaining cry ingredients and mix well until smooth.
- Place clingfilm over the top and heat on high for 3-7 minutes, depending on your microwave. Heat in one minute bursts until firm, or a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove and leave to cool before turning out onto a plate.
- Place the remaining chocolate into the bowl and melt as in Step 2.
- Leave to cool for a bit and tip over the sponge