These delicious Strawberry Cupcakes with Whipped Cream Frosting make for a delicious summer treat.
Plus they’re super easy to make, even easier if you cheat and use a pre-made cupcake mix and frosting!
The recipe below will make anywhere between 6 to 12 cupcakes, depending on size.
- 100g butter
- 100g sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g icing sugar
- 200ml double cream
- Lots of strawberries
How to make strawberry and cream cupcakes
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees
- For the cupcakes, you can use a pre made mix from a box or packet. Alternatively, cream 100g of the butter with 100g of the sugar and add in the eggs. Stir in 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of the milk. Fold in the flour.
- De-stalk and quarter the strawberries.
- Fold into your cupcake mix.
- Divide between cupcake cases and bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Allow to cool fully.
- For the frosting, beat the cream until frothy (about 3-5 minutes with an electric mixer) and then beat in the icing sugar until thick and creamy.
- Frost the cakes as you desire and finish with half a strawberry.