This Super simple refrigerator cake with chocolate and dried fruit is a fool proof recipe.
Plus it takes just minutes to prep before you can bung it in the fridge without bothering with the oven, cooking times and burned cakes.
We used cranberries in this recipe but you can use whatever dried fruit you wish.
- Half a pack of digestive biscuits
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- a cup + 2 tbsp of dried fruit (raisins/dates/cranberries etc)
How to make a super simple refrigerator cake:
- Break the digestive cookies into coarse crumbs.
- Heat the butter with the golden syrup in a pan until the butter has melted or alternatively melt in the microwave in a bowl
- Put the cookie crumbs and the dried fruit into the pan with the butter and the syrup and stir well.
- Either grease the tin with oil or line it with tinfoil. Put the the cookie crumb and dried fruit mixture into the tin and even it out with a spoon.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave and spread it on top of the mixture.
- Put the tin into the fridge or freezer for 20-30 mins.