This creamy salmon and potato dinner couldn’t be easier, requiring just a basic five ingredients.
The numbers in this simple recipe will serve four and take no more than 30 minutes to put together.
- Around 500g potatoes, sliced
- 1 tin salmon (around 200g) Could swap for other tinned fish
- 1 tub Crème fraîche
- 1 tin peas and/or sweetcorn Or frozen
- Grated cheese
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce or French/Dijon mustard (optional)
How to make creamy salmon and potato bake
- Slice the potatoes and boil in lightly salted water until beginning to soften (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add in the tinned vegetables (e.g. sweetcorn or peas) for the final few minutes of cooking time. If using frozen vegetables, allow a minute or two extra longer cooking time.
- Drain the potatoes & vegetables and return to the pan.
- Optionally combine the crème fraîche with a spoonful of horseradish sauce or either French or Dijon mustard.
- Add in the salmon and half of the crème fraîche mixture.
- Add chopped parsley (if using) and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Give everything a gentle mix and transfer to a baking dish.
- Spread over the remaining crème fraîche and finally top with the grated cheese.
- Grill until cheese is melted and golden.