These Quick and Easy Tuna Melts will be done in no more than five minutes.
Combine creamy tuna with crunchy fresh celery and layers of cheese for a simple lunch or quick snack.
The tuna mixture below will make enough for two tuna melts. You can make it in advance and it’ll keep in the fridge for up to three days until use.
- 1 tin tuna
- 2 slices of bread Could also use a sliced bagel
- Handful of celery, chopped Can swap for sweet corn, red onion or spring onion
- Cheese Grated or sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
How to make a microwave Tuna and Cheese Melt:
- Mix the tuna, chopped celery and the mayo with a fork in a bowl. You can also substitute the celery with sweetcorn, chopped spring onions or diced red onion. Season with a little salt & pepper to taste. Keep the tuna mix in the fridge until ready to use.
- When ready to make, lightly toast the bread either using a toaster or under the grill for a few minutes.
- Spoon the tuna mix onto the toast and top with the cheese.
- Grill under a medium heat for a 1 and a half minutes or until the cheese has fully melted.
- Alternatively, microwave in 30 second blasts until cheese has melted.