This tuna pie is all too easy to make, very yummy and a budget-wise, cheap student recipe.
You’ll get 4-6 servings out of this tasty treat which will take about 30 minutes in total.
- Short crust pastry
- Cans of tuna 2
- Tomato puree 2 tbsps
- Eggs 2
- Juice of half a lemon
- Onion 1
How to make an easy student pie:
- Peel and chop up the onion and fry over a medium heat in a little oil for 5 or so minutes until golden
- Meanwhile heat up some water in a saucepan until boiling. Add in two or three eggs for 6-8 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Drain the two cans of tuna and flake in the contents to the frying pan with the onion, together with the tomato puree and lemon juice.
- Season to taste, mix well and then take off the heat.
- Remove the shells from the hard boiled eggs, chop up and mix into the tuna mix.
- Line a greased baking tin with shortcrust pastry and add in the tuna mix.
- Top the whole thing with a ‘lid’ of shortcrust pastry and be sure to cut in some holes to allow steam to escape.
- Cook at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes until pastry is golden.
- To serve, hold a plate on top of the pie in the tin. quickly flip it and remove the tin. Now hold a second plate on the bottom of the pie and flip the whole thing again, leaving with the pie perfectly out of its tin, right way up, on a plate.
- This will serve 4-6 people.