This easy tuna pasta dish makes for a super simple and foolproof student recipe.
A budget busting recipe to quickly turn bland (but cheap) pasta into something a lot more interesting.
The recipe below will make for the two servings, so just half the amounts if eating for one!
- Around 150g pasta
- 1 tin of tuna
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove of crushed garlic or a teaspoon of easy/lazy garlic (optional)
- Salt, pepper and dried mixed herbs to taste
How to make Simple Tuna and Tomato Pasta:
- Peel and roughly dice the onion.
- Chuck into a frying pan over a medium heat with a little oil. You could also add a glove of crushed garlic.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta per pack instructions on the hob.
- Once the onion has begun to brown, add in the tinned chopped tomatoes and tin of tuna. Mix everything together.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and mixed herbs. Allow to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mix in the drained, cooked pasta.