A classic Tuna Nicoise Salad made all so simple.
Although technically speaking, it’s not quite a true Niçoise salad without the olives, but it’s super tasty either way.
- Mixed salad leaves
- Green beans
- Baby or new potatoes
- 1 egg (per person)
- Tuna Steak (cook from frozen ones are good, cheap and easy!)
How to make a Tuna Nicoise Salad:
- If using cook from frozen tuna, it is best to cook this first as it usually takes a while.
- Put the potatoes in a pan of water and cook until soft.
- Once the tuna and potatoes are done, boil enough water for both the eggs and green beans. Cook them both for a few minutes (the eggs should be hard boiled).
- Place a handful of salad leaves in the middle of a plate, then add the potatoes and green beans. Cut up some cucumber and add that too. Peel the egg and cut in half and place it on the plate. Add the tuna steak last on the top of the salad leaves.
- Use French dressing or a vinaigrette, or just plain olive oil tastes good too!