Tuna and cheese bagel melts: A super quick snack to rustle up for lunch or dinner!
If you’ve no bagels, these tuna melts are delicious on any sort of toasted bread you have to hand.
Combine tuna with a variety of fresh veggies such as diced red onion, sweetcorn, sliced celery or diced red pepper.
- Tuna 1 tin
- 1 Tablespoon Mayo Optional
- Red onion, peeled and diced
- Other veg, chopped E.g. Sweetcorn, celery, red pepper
- Tomato, sliced
- Cheese Grated
How to make Tuna and cheese bagel melts
- Slice the bagel into two and lightly toast.
- In a bowl, mix the tuna and mayo (optional, you can just use the tuna on its own if you like)
- Add any of the chopped vegetables you’re using. For example, diced red onion, red pepper, sweetcorn or sliced celery.
- Season to taste – salt, pepper, a splash of Worcestershire sauce, etc.
- Spoon onto the two bagel slices.
- Top with sliced tomato.
- Top with the grated cheese
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 200 degrees until cheese is melted and bubbling.