A Tuna and Chorizo Pasta Bake recipe with a crunch and cheesy Herb Crust. Totally delicious!
This recipe will take around 45 minutes and make for around 4-6 servings.
- Around 350g pasta
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes Could swap for passata
- Grated Cheddar Cheese to taste
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Handful chopped chroizo
- 2 tins of tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons of creme fraiche (or cream cheese or cream - whatever you have!)
- 2 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
How to make Tuna and Chorizo Pasta Bake with Cheesy Herb Crust:
- Heat a frying pan with oil in over a medium heat.
- Chop the onion, garlic and pepper and add to pan.
- Fry for a couple of minutes until beginning to soften.
- Chop chorizo into small pieces if not already and add to the same pan.
- Put pasta on to boil per pack instructions.
- Continue to fry the vegetables until soft and chorizo has released its oils.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, creme fraiche (or cream cheese/cream) and drained tuna.
- Stir on a low heat for a couple of minutes
- Add 1 tablespoon of herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and put into oven proof pasta dish.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the pasta and mix together.
- Layer the grated cheese on top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle remaining herbs over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with a layer of breadcrumbs.
- Grill for about 8-10 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown and cheese is melted!