A twist on classic tuna on baked potatoes, try this tasty stuffed jacket potatoes recipe.
We’ve used mayo in this recipe but you can use salad cream, sour cream or creme fresh depending on what you have available or prefer the taste of.
You could also exchange a standard spud for a sweet potato if you prefer.
- Potato 1
- Tin of tuna Drained
- Mayo OR salad cream, sour cream or creme fraiche
- Spring onions
- Other veg e.g. peppers, sweetcorn
- Grated cheese
How to make Tuna stuffed baked potatoes:
- Bake a potato. Prick the potato with a work, rub with some oil, season and place in the oven at 200 degrees for 45 minutes. Alternatively you can microwave on for 5 minutes each side.
- Once cooked, slice open and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- After the potato has cooled down a bit, carefully scoop out the potato into a bowl, being sure to keep the skin intact.
- Into the bowl with the potato, add the drained tuna and a tablespoon or two of mayo.
- Slice up a couple of spring onions and add those in. You could also add in sweetcorn, chopped up peppers or other veg that takes your fancy.
- Mix everything together then place back into the potato skins.
- Add some grated cheese on top.
- Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes minutes until cheese has melted or place in the microwave for around 30 seconds.
- Allow to cool slightly then ENJOY!