These delicious chicken and avocado salad wraps are super delicious and easy to make.
You can make up a simple Cajun seasoning mix using the recipe below or cheat with a ready made packet mix.
The chicken can be cooked ahead of time. Allow to cool to room temperature and store in the fridge for 4 days.
- 1 Chicken breast
- Cajun seasoning Either ready made mix or see recipe below
- Handful of lettuce, sliced
- 1/2 Avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- Handful of diced cucumber
- 1-2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to make Cajun Chicken Avocado Salad Wraps:
- Brush the chicken breast with oil and rub with the Cajun seasoning. If not using a ready made mix, you can season with (adjust to taste) 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp thyme. Optionally add some red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Heat a little oil (or use cooking spray) in a pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the chicken either side for a few minutes until crispy on the outside.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for a further 20-25 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through. Exact cooking time will depend on the size and thickness of the chicken breast.
- Make up the salad by combining the chopped tomato, cucumber, lettuce and avocado with the yoghurt and a little black pepper. You could also add some diced red onion as well as a squeeze of lemon or lime juice.
- Once chicken is cooked, allow to cool and cut up and mix into the salad.
- On a tortilla wrap, add the salad across the centre of the wrap.
- Fold in the sides of the wrap and roll up.
- Cut in two and enjoy.
- Want to keep them for later in the day? Place in an air-tight tub or wrap tightly with foil or cling film and store in the fridge.