These Cajun Wraps with Avocado & Sweetcorn Salsa make for a quick and easy 15 minute meal.
Whether it’s for lunch of dinner, this recipe is a super simple healthy eat. You can use either a packet Cajun spice mix or use the ingredients listed below.
The numbers below will make for two wraps.
- 2 turkey steaks
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning From a pack or see below
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 red onion
- Small can of sweetcorn, drained
- 1/2 red chilli (more/less to taste) Could swap for chilli flakes if it's all you have
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander Could swap for parsley
- Squeeze of lime juice
- Salt & pepper
- Oil or cooking spray for frying
- Sour cream (to serve, optional)
How to make Cajun Turkey Wraps with Avocado & Sweetcorn Salsa
- Rub the turkey steaks with the Cajun seasoning. If not using a ready made mix, you can season with (adjust to taste) 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp thyme. Optionally add some red pepper flakes for an extra kick.
- Fry the steaks in a pan over a medium-high heat in a little oil or cooking spray. They shouldn’t need much more than 2-3 minutes on either side.
- Meanwhile, make up the salsa: Peel, de-stone and cube the avocado and add to a bowl.
- Finely dice up the red onion and add that to the bowl together with the sweetcorn.
- De-seed and finely chop the chilli and add that (could swap for chilli flakes if that’s all you have).
- Season to taste with salt & pepper, lime juice and, either coriander or parsley depending on what you prefer.
- Slice up the Cajun chicken and add to the tortillas with the salsa and wrap up.
- Enjoy with some cool sour cream.
- You can eat immediately or wrap with foil/cling film/keep in an air-tight container in the fridge.