This super simple salmon and avocado salsa makes for a delicious healthy eat.
You can enjoy this on its own or alongside some fluffy rice and/or green veg (broccoli, asparagus and green beans all go great!).
The numbers below will make for the single serving and take no more than 20 minutes.
- 1 salmon fillet
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 avocado, destoned, peeled and diced
- 1/4 red onion, peeled and diced
- Squeeze of lime juice
- 1/4 red pepper, deseeded and diced Could swap for chopped tomatoes
- Chopped coriander (optional)
- Pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
How to make Salmon and Avocado Salsa
- In a bowl add the oil and 1/4 teaspoon of each salt, pepper, cumin and paprika (or adjust the numbers to taste).
- Add the salmon and coat in the mixture. Place in the fridge for now.
- Meanwhile, make up the salsa: Peel, de-stone and cube the avocado and add to a bowl.
- Finely dice up the red onion and pepper and add that to the bowl.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper, lime juice and, optionally, some coriander and chilli flakes.
- In a frying pan over a medium-high heat, fry the salmon for 3-4 minutes on either side or until cooked through.
- Serve with the salsa either immediately or allow to cool and refrigerate – it makes a great lunch!