A twist on the classic breakfast dish: Enjoy this Eggs Benedict salad at any time of day!
You can cook up this dish in just 15 minutes, including a so-called mock hollandaise sauce.
Of course you could alternatively buy some ready made hollandaise sauce from the shops or even cook up your own from scratch.
While this makes for a brilliant lunch, it’s also great at teatime too!
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp water
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 slice of Toast Ripped up into bits
- 2 slices of Ham Roughly chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 Spring onion Chopped
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes Halved
How to make Eggs benedict salad:
- For the mock hollandaise sauce, melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave (or in a pan over the hob). Remove from the microwave / hob and mix in the mayonnaise, vinegar and water to taste.
- You can season the sauce with a bit of mustard, salt and cayenne pepper to taste, if you’ve got it to hand.
- Arrange the spinach, sliced cherry tomatoes, ham and toast on the plate.
- Poach the eggs (break into a pan of boiling water and cook for a couple of minutes).
- Put the eggs on top of the salad, break the yolks and finish with a dollop of the makeshift hollandaise sauce and a sprinkle of spring onion.