Turkey burgers provide a tasty and healthy alternative to fast food! Here’s how to make your own…
This easy Turkey Burgers recipe requires just a handful of ingredients and will make 6-8 burgers.
- 500g Fresh Turkey Mince
- 1 egg
- 1 chopped Red Chili (Optional) Or pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves minced Garlic Or lazy garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley Or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning Can swap for mixed herbs
- Splash of Lemon Zest or Juice (Optional)
How to make your own Healthy Turkey Burgers:
- Peel and diced the onion. Peel and finely chop or mince the garlic (You can also use lazy garlic).
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined an the mixture begins to form a dough-like texture.
- Slightly wet your hands and shape the mixture into burger patties. You should be able to make 6-8 burgers depending on size.
- Allow the burgers to chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes. If you don’t want to cook immediately, wrap in cling-film or store in an air-tight container and they’ll keep in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- When ready to cook, either bake in the oven at 200 degrees or 180 degrees fan for 20-30 minutes (depending on the thickness), flipping halfway.
- Alternatively, fry in a little oil or cooking spray over a medium heat, turning regularly.
- Ensure burgers are fully cooked through and piping hot throughout.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and allow to stand for a minute or two.
- Make up your burger with your choice of bun and toppings.