Cauliflower rice makes for a healthier, low-carb alternative in recipes – and it couldn’t be easier to make.
Here’s how to make and cook cauliflower rice quickly two ways, either with the microwave or a frying pan, plus how to make cauliflower rice without a food processor!
- A little oil (if frying)
- Any seasoning to taste
How to make home-made cauliflower rice
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and roughly cut the florets into chunks.
- Either blitz using a food processor or – a simple hack – use a cheese grater! It’s a bit more hard work but will still get the same results.
- Pat dry with a paper towel to remove any moisture.
- At this point, you can store the rice in the freezer for when you need it. It’ll keep in a freezer bag for up to two months and can be cooked straight from frozen!
- To cook cauliflower rice, microwave in a bowl covered tightly with cling film for 3 minutes (fresh or defrosted) or 4 minutes (from frozen). Give it a stir half-way through cooking. Beware of hot steam escaping!
- Alternatively, you can cook cauliflower rice fresh or defrosted by stir-frying a little oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste or as per the recipe you’re following.