A veggie packed baked jacket potato filling is super easy and super healthy.
You can use pretty much whatever vegetables you have to hand for this recipe: Courgettes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, corn, green beans, baby corn, snow peas and more will all work.
This recipe will take only around 15 minutes if you cook the potato in the microwave.
- Baking Potato Can use sweet potato
- Vegetables Can use any of Courgettes, peppers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, corn, green beans, baby corn, snow peas
- 1 clove chopped garlic or 1 teaspoon easy garlic Or spring onions
- Little butter
- Salt & pepper/other seasoning to taste
How to make jacket potato with fried vegetables:
- Acquire a baked jacket potato: Prick a potato with a fork and either cook in the microwave for 8-10 minutes, flipping half way; or bake in the oven at 200 degrees for around an hour.
- Meanwhile, slice up your veg into thin strips: We used peppers, courgette, mushrooms and onions.
- In a frying pan, heat a tablespoon of oil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add in the remaining vegetables and stir fry until softened – around 5-10 minutes – and season.
- Carefully cut open the potato and optionally melt a little butter on top and season.
- Place the veg mixture over the potato and serve.