This super simple healthy dinner takes around 30 minutes and needs just the single tray to cook.
Combine delicious chicken with sweet potatoes and your favourite vegetables – we used broccoli but mushrooms, courgette or corn on the cob would all work great.
The numbers below will make for the two servings.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 handfuls of broccoli Could swap for courgette or mushrooms
- 1 clove of chopped garlic or a teaspoon of easy/lazy garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Olive oil
- Grated parmesan (optional)
How to make one pan chicken, sweet potato and broccoli:
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees/180 degrees fan.
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes. Peel or not, it’s up to you.
- Break the broccoli into small florets. You could swap the broccoli for cut up courgette, mushrooms or corn on the cob.
- Place the chicken breasts, potatoes and broccoli onto a large baking tray. Drizzle with oil.
- Season the vegetables and chicken with the salt, pepper, onion powder and paprika.
- Rub the chicken with the garlic (or season with some garlic powder)
- Optionally sprinkle over some grated some parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through and potatoes are soft. If potatoes remain hard, remove the chicken and broccoli and continue cooking for a further 10 minutes.