This roasted Chicken & Sweet Potato one tray bake makes for a super easy dinner.
You need little more than 10 minutes to prep this recipe and then you can let the oven do the rest of the work.
The numbers below will feed four to six people.
- 4-6 chicken thighs Or other cuts of chicken, e.g. legs or drumsticks
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 red onions, thickly sliced
- Half a head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons mixed Italian herbs Or mixed dried herbs or rosemary & thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped Or 2 teaspoons of easy garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
How to make Roasted Chicken & Sweet Potato Tray Bake:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees/180 degrees fan
- Roughly cup the sweet potatoes into chunks a couple of centimetres big. Peel and roughly slice the red onion.
- Add the potato and red onion to a baking tray and sprinkle over the Italian seasoning and minced garlic. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle over the paprika, mix and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Finally add the broccoli to the tray and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Bake for a final 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through and vegetables are tender.