Whip out some puff pastry and put together this really easy spinach and tomato tart for a simple light lunch or snack.
This simple vegetarian puff pastry recipe is easy to make and will take around 25 minutes.
The guideline numbers below will make for around two servings but you don’t need to be too specific with the quantities.
- 1/2 ready roll puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée Or red pesto or pasta sauce
- Handful of spinach
- 1/4 an onion, chopped
- Handful of grated cheese
- 1 Tomato Sliced
- Sprinkle of dried basil or herbs
How to make spinach and tomato puff pastry tart:
- Heat oven to 200 degrees or 180 degrees for fan ovens
- Cut the puff pastry in half to give yourself a large rectangle. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper or greased with a little oil.
- With a knife, roughly score a border around 1-cm wide around the outside.
- Spread the tomato purée into the middle area. You can also use red pesto, pasta sauce or pizza topper.
- Lay the spinach on top followed by the chopped onion and a sprinkling of grated cheese
- Top with the sliced tomato and sprinkle with the herbs
- Bake for 20 or so minutes until golden and crispy.
- Slice in half to serve!
- Enjoy immediately or allow to cool to room temperature and store in the fridge in an air-tight container or wrapped in cling-film for later. Keep for up to 2-3 days.