This one tray recipe couldn’t make for an easier vegetarian dinner.
Making use of plenty of veg, this healthy meal is super simple to make and requires little washing up.
Alongside those used below, you can use this recipe to take advantage of whatever vegetables you have to hand such as mushrooms, broccoli, leek, squash or carrots.
It’s also simple to make this meal vegan by swapping out the feta cheese for a vegan-friendly alternative.
The recipe below will make for two good servings.
- 3-4 sweet potatoes Can swap for squash or normal potatoes
- 2 courgettes Can also use broccoli or brussel sprouts
- Feta cheese Or vegan alternative
- 2 red onions
- 2 peppers (any colour)
- Additional veg E.g. Mushrooms, carrots
- Olive oil
- Seasoning to taste Salt, pepper, mixed herbs, etc. to taste
How to make Sweet Potato And Roasted Vegetable Feta Cheese Tray Bake:
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees / 180 degrees for fan ovens.
- Chop up the sweet potato into rough chunks. Peel or keep the skin on – your choice.
- Peel and cut the red onion into wedges.
- Slice the courgette.
- De-seed and roughly chop up the pepper.
- Chop up any other veg you wish to use (e.g. mushrooms, leek, carrots).
- Add all the vegetables to a big baking dish and drizzle with oil, toss to coat.
- Season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs to taste.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the sweet potato is soft.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese (or vegan alternative) and serve.
- Alternatively, hold the feta and allow the veggies to cool before refrigerating. They should keep for a good 5-7 days and you can top with feta to eat when you want!
- You can also serve with hummus, mashed avocado or a drizzle of tahini.