This Pasta Free Lasagna Recipe is made with vegetables rather than lasagne pasta sheets.
Of course that really doesn’t make it a Lasagna at all…
Never the less, this delicious recipe makes for a super tasty dinner that’ll plate up 4-6 servings.
This Pasta-less Lasagna recipe is a great heart warming meal made with classic beef mince, winter vegetables and layers of butternut squash.
All in all it should take less than an hour…
- 500g Beef mince
- Two tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 2 parsnips
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
How to make pasta free lasagna butternut squash lasagna:
- Prep the veg by peeling and dicing the onion, carrots and parsnips. Dice the pepper. You can also add in other veg at hand like courgette, mushrooms, etc.
- Fry the veg in a large frying pan over a medium heat in a little oil until softened.
- Add in the mince and cook until browned.
- Add in the tomatoes and herbs, season, mix and allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes until nice and saucy.
- While that cooks, slice the squash into layers and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- In a baking dish, layer the meat and veg mix, handfuls of spinach and layers of squash.
- Finish with a layer of grated cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 180 degrees until the top is browned and crispy.