This one dish recipe with chicken, sweet potatoes and plenty of vegetables couldn’t make for an easier dinner.
This healthy meal is super simple to make and won’t take much longer than 30 minutes.
Alongside the ingredients used below, you can use this recipe to take advantage of whatever vegetables you have to hand such as mushrooms, courgette, Brussels sprouts, leek, squash or carrots.
The recipe will make for for four good servings.
- 2 chicken breasts or 4 chicken thighs, diced
- 2 Sweet potatoes Could also use other potatoes or squash
- Around 1/2 a head of broccoli, cut into small florets Can also use courgette or Brussels sprouts
- 1 red onion, roughly diced Could swap for or add leek
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried herbs
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic or a 2 teaspoons of easy/lazy garlic More or less to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
How to make One Dish Chicken, Sweet Potato & Vegetable bake:
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees / 180 degrees.
- Chop up the sweet potato into rough chunks. Peel or keep the skin on – your choice.
- Place in a baking tray and drizzle with a tablespoon of the olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the broccoli into small florets.
- Peel and roughly chop up the red onion.
- Deseed and roughly chop up the red pepper
- Cut the chicken into cubes.
- Carefully remove the potatoes and add the chicken and vegetables. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and add the crushed garlic, the herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything together to coat.
- Return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool to room temperature and keep in the fridge for up to three days. Either enjoy cold or gently reheat in the microwave, oven or frying pan until piping hot.