Whip up a batch of these homemade meatballs and serve with courgetti for a super healthy dinner.
Cooked from scratch, these meatballs are cheap and full of veg as well as protein.
They take little more than half an hour to make and cook in a super simple tomato sauce. As for the courgetti, you can buy this ready made or whip out the spiralizer.
Alternatively, you can use a peeler to make it the long way by hand.
The ingredients below will make for around four servings.
- Courgette / Ready Made Courgetti
- 500g beef mince
- 2 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 3 spring onions
- 1 egg
- Red chilli Optional for spicy kick
- 2 tin chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp mixed dried herbs
How to make Saucy Homemade Meatballs and Courgetti
- Dice the carrots and peppers and slice the spring onions.
- Add to a bowl with the mince and the egg.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Optionally add in some chopped red chilli for an extra kick!
- Mix everything together well with a spoon and then get your hands in and form golf-ball sized meatballs.
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, fry the meatballs in a little oil until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make and cook the courgetti.
- To the frying pan, add the chopped tomatoes and herbs and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.