This homemade Simple Sweet and Sour Pork Stir Fry is a delicious 10 minute dinner.
Quick and easy to make, it’s the perfect student recipe.
You can cheat by picking up some sweet and sour sauce from the supermarket, or you can make your own using the recipe below if you prefer.
Once you’ve the sauce, it’s then pretty much just a matter of chucking the rest into a pan…
- Green beans
- Sweet and sour sauce See recipe below
- Straight to wok noodles or rice
How to make a Simple Sweet and Sour Pork Stir Fry:
- If making your own sauce, mix together 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of ketchup, 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 150ml of water.
- Cut up the pork into strips (if not already), dice the peppers and slice the carrots thin.
- Heat a little oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the pork until browned all over. Remove and set aside. Drain any liquid.
- Add a bit more oil into the pan and stir fry the vegetables for 5 to 10 minutes until softened.
- Add back in the meet plus half the sauce. Stir fry everything for another few minutes.
- Add in straight to wok noodles together with the rest of the sauce and stir fry for a final few minutes. Alternatively, serve over rice.