This chicken and broccoli stir fry makes for an easy and delicious 15 minute meal.
Don’t have chicken? Easily swap for turkey, pork or beef and it’ll still be great. Enjoy on its own or with some fluffy rice.
The numbers below will make enough for one, multiply the quantities to feed more!
- 1 small chicken breast Could swap for pork, beef or turkey
- Handful of broccoli Fresh or frozen
- 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey Or a teaspoon of brown sugar
- Chilli powder (Optional, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 minched fresh ginger Could swap for pinch of ground ginger
- Oil for frying
- Rice (Optional, to serve)
How to make Marmite and cheese puff pastry bites
- This is a quick recipe so start by prepping everything in advance. Cut the chicken and broccoli into bite size pieces and season to taste with salt & pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, honey and water. You could optionally add some chilli powder. Adjust quantities to taste.
- Heat around a teaspoon of oil over a medium heat in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the broccoli and stir fry for around 3-4 minutes until tender. If cooking from frozen, allow more time. Remove and set aside.
- Carefully give the pan/wok a wipe down with a paper towel and then heat another teaspoon of oil over a high heat.
- Fry the chicken until golden all over. Don’t crowd the pan – if you’re cooking for more than one you might have to do this in batches.
- Add back the broccoli and stir in the sauce.
- Fry for a further 1-2 minutes, ensuring chicken is fully cooked through.
- Serve either alone or with fluffy rice.