This Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken makes for a simple meal.
Serve with a delicious selection of roasted vegetables for delicious dinner.
Together with the chicken, you can combine with whatever vegetables you have to hand: onions, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, courgette, squash or carrots.
The ingredients below will serve two.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 4 slices of streaky bacon
- Handful of grated cheese Could swap for cream cheese
- Vegetables (Optional to serve) E.g. onions, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, courgette, squash or carrots
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper and other seasoning to taste See below
How to make Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Chicken with Roasted Vegetables:
- Chop up whatever vegetables you’re using (if any) into bite-sized pieces. We used sweet potato, red onion, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Add to a big baking dish and drizzle with oil. Season well with salt, pepper and optionally dried mixed herbs or a little paprika and/or garlic powder and mix.
- With a knife, slice into the chicken breast and open up a pouch.
- Stuff in the grated cheese or cream cheese.
- Season the chicken breast well with pepper and a little salt (the bacon and cheese are already very salty).
- Wrap the slices of bacon around the chicken, tucking the ends underneath.
- Add to the baking tray with the vegetables and cook in the oven on a 180 degree heat for around 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly done.