These BBQ chicken stuffed sweet potatoes make for a delicious dinner or lunch.
Enjoy alongside a salad, with sour cream or some mashed avocado.
This recipe will take around an hour and the numbers below will make for the two servings.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts
- BBQ sauce
- 1 tin of sweetcorn, drained
- 1 small red onion
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chopped coriander (optional)
- Grated cheese
How to make one pan chicken, sweet potato and broccoli:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Season the chicken to taste with salt & pepper and place in a bowl with the BBQ sauce. Mix to coat and place in the fridge for now.
- Prick the sweet potatoes and put them on a large tray in the oven.
- After 25 minutes, add the chicken to the tray.
- Cook for a further 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through and potatoes are soft in the center. Exact cooking time will depend on the size of the potatoes and chicken.
- Allow the chicken and potato to cool enough to handle.
- Slice the potatoes in half and carefully scoop out most of the potato (leave a little around the edges) into a bowl. Lightly mash up with a fork. Keep the potato skins aside.
- Cut or shred up the chicken and add to the potato.
- Also add in the sweetcorn, chopped red onion, black pepper and coriander.
- Mix everything together and spoon back into the potato skins. Top with grated cheese.
- Return to the oven or place under the grill for 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Optionally serve with some sour cream, salad or mashed avocado.