A classic student dish with a sausage twist: This easy and simple lasagna recipe for students is hopefully fool proof and SUPER cheap.
This student Lasagne recipe can be cooked up from just 50p a portion with the ingredients below making between 4-6 servings.
Our prices, all from Tescos at the time of writing:
Lasagne sheets 40p
Pasta Sauce / Red Lasagne sauce / Ragu sauce 90p (Dolmio®)
White sauce / Béchamel sauce 90p (Dolmio®)
Sausages x8 66p
- Lasagne sheets
- Pasta Sauce / Red Lasagne sauce / Ragu sauce
- White sauce / Béchamel sauce
- Sausages 8
How to make simple and cheap lasagne:
- In a large frying pan, cook the sausages in a tablespoon of oil (or using 1kal spray) until brown all over. Keep turning to avoid burning
- Once sausages are browned, remove from the pan and CAREFULLY (they’ll be very hot!) cut up into rough small chunks.
- Return the sausages to the pan and add in the red/pasta/ragu sauces and allow to simmer for 5 or so minutes. Stir occasionally.
- In a baking dish, add a layer of the sausage and sauce mixture.
- Add a thin layer/spoonfuls of white sauce on top.
- Layer over the lasagne slices
- Repeat the process.
- Add a final layer of only white sauce on top
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes until pasta is fully cooked and cheese is melted.